Vivo offers hairdressing and beauty services in salons located all over New Zealand. Vivo also operates an online and in-store retail store offering the latest hair, skincare, make-up and beauty products to New Zealand customers.
Vivo Salons LP
The agency that will collect, use, disclose and store your Personal Information is Vivo Salons LP (t/a Vivo). Any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” is to Vivo Salons LP (t/a Vivo).
Vivo may still need to keep your Personal Information so long as it is required for the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected (for example to fulfil your purchase order or administer your booking with us) or as required by law.
Personal Information We Collect About You
The types of Personal Information we may collect about you include:
- Your name, contact details and residential address.
- Your service and product preferences.
- Your feedback and ideas.
- Your service booking and account history with us, including your purchase orders.
- Information about the webpages you visit on our Website.
- Any other information you give us.
If you give us Personal Information about another person, you must have their permission to do so.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
There are 4 main ways that Vivo uses to collect your Personal Information:
- From you directly: Personal Information you provide to us directly when you use our Website, purchase our products or services, or when you interact with us.
- From third parties: Personal Information collected and disclosed to us by our service providers, commercial partners, contractors and agents whom we engage to perform services on our behalf in connection with our business functions and operations.
- From publicly available sources: From places where the information is publicly available.
How We Use And Share Your Information
Vivo will collect, use and disclose your Personal information for a range of purposes in connection with the operation of the Website and Vivo’s business functions and activities, including the following:
- Transactions: To process payment and fulfil your purchase orders when you buy our products or services.
- Product returns: To deal with your product return enquiries.
- Bookings: To manage your bookings with our salons.
- Administrating your Vivo customer account: To verify your identity when you login into your Vivo customer account, to record and administer your bookings and order transaction history, and to generally administer your Vivo customer account.
- Direct marketing: To deliver targeted marketing, product and service updates, and promotional offers to you.
- Communicate with you: To communicate with you about our Website, our products and services, your Vivo customer account and any queries you may have from time to time about Vivo, our salons or our Website.
- Record keeping purposes: For our internal record keeping purposes, including for the maintenance of our data security.
- Innovation: To perform data analytics to improve and innovate our services and product offerings to you.
- Business sale: To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our business, whether by share or asset sale (or both), and whether the sale or disposition involves the entirety of our business or only certain assets.
- Legal compliance: To comply with our legal obligations.
- Other purposes you authorise: For any other purposes that you authorise.
(together, the Purpose)
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties in connection with the Purpose:
- Vivo’s suppliers, employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors.
- Vivo’s affiliates, related companies, business partners and commercial service providers.
- Digital retail finance and payment service providers.
- Law enforcement, government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Any other third party that you authorise.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information Outside New Zealand
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates, related companies, service providers and other third parties located outside New Zealand in connection with the Purpose.
We make sure that the overseas third party is:
- a participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information; and/or
- is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
If not, then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas third party is required to protect your Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under the applicable privacy laws. Examples of these steps include implementing a data transfer agreement between us and the third party or making reasonable enquiries regarding the data protection standards of the country in which the overseas third party is located.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
You consent to receiving information from us about Vivo via email, text message, social media and forms of electronic communications. If you want us to stop sending you electronic communications, then you can simply unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the electronic communication.
From time to time, Vivo may aggregate results of our market research for analysis and statistical purposes. This may involve “de-identifying” or anonymising your Personal Information. Aggregated information may be shared with third parties and used in connection with the Purpose. Once we de-identify or anonymise your Personal Information, the information can no longer be linked to you and will no longer be your Personal Information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your Personal Information.
Third Party Service Providers
In order to provide you with the best possible service, Vivo engages a number of third party service providers, including digital retail finance and payment service providers, such as Afterpay and Zip.
Vivo is not responsible for the actions of its service providers, including their data protection practices.
Third Party Websites
Request Access or Correction To Your Personal Information
You’re allowed to request access to your Personal Information that Vivo holds, and you can ask us to correct it if you think it’s wrong or incomplete. If there is a legal reason why we can’t give you access, or if we don’t agree with your correction, then we’ll tell you.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can tell our Privacy Officer or complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.