Linden Leaves was founded by Brigit Blair in 1995 in Christchurch, New Zealand to help care for two of her children who suffered severe eczema and allergies.
At the time, natural and effective products that were kind to sensitive skin were hard to find, and so out of necessity, Linden Leaves was born. Brigit began harvesting and freeze-drying roses, and blending fruit and flower oils with the unique scent of essential oil blends. It became a real labour of love for Brigit, who set out to create beautiful, effective and quality handmade natural products that were kind to the skin.
VEGAN | MADE IN NEW ZEALAND | CRUELTY FREE | FAMILY OWNED SINCE 1995
From a humble family kitchen operation, Linden Leaves has expanded into an internationally recognised brand known for its natural everyday luxury handmade products. Devoted to effective, natural products created from the best quality ingredients, Brigit’s vision for Linden Leaves has always been focused on beautiful, effective and gentle products to nourish the skin and soothe the soul.
Linden Leaves Philosophy:
Linden Leaves supports ethical and sustainable business practices, and as a devoted mother and wife, family holds an essential place in Brigit’s life and values. Linden Leaves is genuinely dedicated to family, friendship and respect for one another and the world we live in.
Linden Leaves Ingredients:
- We select only the best quality ingredients and avoid chemical nasties.
- Linden Leaves products are made using quality organic and natural ingredients, fruit and flower oils and unique scent and essential oil blends.
- Our natural botanical ingredients are sourced locally and sustainably wherever possible, in order to attain the highest possible quality of product.
- We avoid the use of chemical nasties and irritants such as parabens, silicon oils, sodium lauryl and genetically modified ingredients.
- Each of the active ingredients in our ranges have been carefully studied and selected for their scientifically proven skin enhancing properties.
- With pure natural ingredients and exacting attention to detail, Linden Leaves combines nature and science to create beautiful, effective products that nourish the skin and nurture the soul.
Certification & Awards:
Linden Leaves Natural Skincare range is accredited by NATRUE, a world leader in Natural Product Certification.
What is NATRUE? NATRUE is an international natural and organic certification body who have one objective – to strengthen the consumer’s trust in Natural Cosmetics.
Linden Leaves is one of a growing number of NATRUE certified brands who are stringently against animal testing, sharing a fundamental belief of harmony between people and nature, and joining forces with like-minded organisations to protect nature and our planet’s biodiversity.
What does NATRUE Certification guarantee?
- no synthetic fragrances and colours
- no petroleum derived products (paraffins, peg, -propyl-, -alkyl-, etc.)
- no silicon oils and derivatives
- no genetically modified ingredients (complying with eu organic regulation)
- no irradiation of end product and botanical ingredients
- products must not be tested on animals