An innovator and professional product design supplier, GHD helps continuously revolutionize the way hair is styled with their amazing specialty tools, fashioned for the salon but also just as easy to use at home. An innovator that started in 2001, it’s trademark and special patented straightening and curling irons are supported by a full range of artisan brushes and GHD styling products, along with a research and development lab in Cambridge that helps continuously explore the science behind a GOOD HAIR DAY.
When it all started
• 3 hairdressers bring a new and innovative straightening iron from Korea to the UK.
• Rapidly becomes the must- have styling tool. Sold through salons, fan base quickly develops through the recommendation of stylists.
2003 - 2007
• ghd goes international, entering Australia, South Africa, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia, Germany and France.
• ghdhair.com launches, bringing the brand online.
Unique R&D Facility
• ghd opens a research and development lab dedicated to the thermal manipulation of hair - a world first. ghd now holds 117 patents, 37 granted and 80 pending.
Building a premium powerful beauty brand
• Expansion into premium retail gives proximity to luxury beauty brands such as Chanel, Dior and Lancôme.
2015 - 2018
Innovative Styling Portfolio
• ghd launches into new categories: hairdryers in 2012 with ghd air®, followed by curling in 2014 with ghd curve®.
• Our core styler technology performance is enhanced via tri-zone® technology, ultimately creating our most premium styler, ghd platinum®.
• New dual-zone technology introduced and our ghd gold® styler reimagined, delivering smoother, sleeker and healthier looking hair.
To the future
From International to Global
• Rapid growth in USA, Asia, Middle East and beyond. More exciting NPD launches to come.